OUR COMMITMENT TO PRIVACY
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Prelude Residential’s primary goals in collecting personal information about you are, first, to give you an efficient, meaningful, enjoyable, and personalized website experience and, second, to facilitate the development of new products and services relevant to consumers like you. Personal information also allows us to provide better service to you by tailoring our communications to match your interests, allowing us to deliver more of what you want and less of what you don’t want.
The types of information we gather include:
1 – INFORMATION YOU EXPLICITLY PROVIDE
In order to establish your account, sign up for email alerts, contact Prelude Residential with questions about our communities, or participate in various online programs offered through Prelude Residential, you will be asked to provide certain personal information to us such as your name, mailing address, e-mail address and phone number. If you have purchased a home from Prelude Residential, we may also ask for your community and closing date. You can choose not to provide this information, but as a result you might not be able to participate in some of our services or offerings.
As part of establishing a user account with Prelude Residential, you may be permitted to post or submit computer graphics, pictures, data, or other content, including personal information, to the Prelude Residential website. If you choose to submit this data to any public area of the website, your data will be considered “public” and will be accessible by anyone, including Prelude Residential. Prelude Residential does not consider your photographs to be biometric data and will not use this data to personally identify you. Prelude Residential encourages you to exercise caution when making decisions about what you choose to disclose in such public areas.
2 – INFORMATION WE AUTOMATICALLY COLLECT
- Third party analytics services. We may use third party analytics services on the website, such as Google Analytics. The analytics providers that administer these services use technologies such as cookies, web beacons and web server logs to help us analyze your use of the website. The information collected through these means (including IP address) may be disclosed to these analytics providers, and other relevant third parties who use the information to evaluate use of the website. To learn more about Google Analytics and how to opt out, please visit https://www.google.com/intl/en/analytics/learn/privacy.html or https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/181881?hl=en.
- Third-party advertising services. We may work with service providers and advertising networks to help tailor site content to users or to serve ads on our behalf. Through such ad services, we can retarget our messaging to users of the website on other webpages and applications through interest-based and contextual means. These companies may employ cookies and web beacons to measure advertising effectiveness and track user activities across different websites over time. The ad services use this information to show you ads that may be tailored to your individual interests. The information our ad services may collect on our behalf includes data about your visits to websites that serve our ads, such as the pages or ads you view and the actions you take on the websites. This data collection takes place both on this website and on third-party websites that participate in these ad services. This process also helps us track the effectiveness of our marketing efforts. To learn about how to opt out of interest-based advertising in the U.S., click here [http://optout.aboutads.info/?c=2&lang=EN].
Some Internet browsers offer what often are referred to as “do not track” mechanisms for browser users to automatically signal privacy preferences to websites that they visit. Our site(s) do not currently respond to do-not-track-signals. You can exercise other choices available to you, including limiting the placement of browser cookies on your device using your browser’s cookie control features and other choices described in this Policy.
- Usage logs. When you are on Prelude Residential, your computer communicates a variety of information to computer servers, including the existence of cookies, your Internet Protocol address, and information about your browser program. We also create a record of what information you are requesting, such as the page or subject areas you are visiting. This information allows us to measure site activity to provide a better user experience. Our website may also use third-party services to assist us in analyzing this data to improve our website.
USAGE AND DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
- Internal Use: In addition to the uses of personal information described elsewhere in this policy, we also may use your personal information to improve the website’s content and user experience and for our own marketing efforts (including marketing our services and products to you), and to determine general marketplace information about visitors to the website. Prelude Residential also may use information for market research purposes, development of prospect lists and project and product planning, as well as to operate, maintain, evaluate and improve the website and our products, services, programs and events (including analyzing and improving the website and our programs, managing our communications, performing data analytics, and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions).
- Communications with You: We will use your personal information to communicate with you to respond to your inquiries and requests, and to send you electronic or other messages about a property in one of our communities or an offering from one of our subsidiaries. We may send you a confirmation email when you register with us. If you submit your email address, we use it to deliver information to you. You may unsubscribe or opt out of future emails (see the opt out section below for more details).
If you choose to make information available to the public through comment functions offered through our website or social media and networking functionality, this information will be visible to third parties. Please take care in deciding what information you choose to make available through these vehicles, as we do not control the manner in which recipients or persons who may see the information may use or re-disclose the information that you choose to provide.
We may provide personal information about you to service providers that perform functions on our behalf.
We reserve the right to transfer to relevant third parties the personal information we have about you in the event of a potential or actual sale or transfer of all or a portion of our Company or assets (including in the event of a merger, acquisition, joint venture, reorganization, divestiture, dissolution, or liquidation), or other business transaction.
HOW TO OPT-OUT OF COMMUNICATIONS OR DELETE/MODIFY YOUR INFORMATION
If you would like to opt-out of our marketing communications please use the opt-out mechanism provided in our communication, or contact us via our online contact page, and please specify the nature of your request. For any other inquiries or requests regarding your personal information, please contact us as described below.
We take reasonable measures to safeguard information that we collect through our website. While we use administrative, physical and technical safeguards to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee complete security. 100% complete security does not presently exist anywhere online or offline. While we strive to protect your personal information, you should also take steps to protect your information.
UPDATES TO THIS POLICY
This Policy may be updated by Prelude Residential from time to time. The most recent version of this Policy will be posted here indicating at the top of the Policy when it was most recently updated. For significant changes, we will notify you by posting a prominent notice on the website.
HOW TO CONTACT US
3820 Mansell Road, Suite 400, Alpharetta, GA 30022